Monday, July 6, 2009

Procrastinating

I'm procrastinating. Ziva is sleeping, so I should be tackling my to-do list. Blah. I made the bed, washed some dishes, and got a load of laundry in the dryer, but none of those things were even on my to-do list, so I don't feel like I've accomplished much. Maybe I'll go back and add them to the list so I can cross them out. (I LOVE crossing things off lists!)

My biggest to-do task is to start packing, since we're hoping and praying that we'll get to move to our new apartment before next Saturday, when we leave for Chicago. Even if all we do is get everything moved in but not unpacked, I'd be happy. I know the time will fly once we get back from vacation and it will be time for school to start before I know it, so I'm hoping all that time in between will be time where I can focus just on unpacking, organizing, and getting settled. BUT, since we don't have a definite date, I'm unmotivated to pack, and also overwhelmed. I used to not mind moving too much, but I guess the older I get, the less appealing it becomes. I know once I get started I'll be fine, but it's sort of like writer's block at this point. I have packer's block...instead of staring at a blank page, I'm staring at empty boxes. As a teacher, I would instruct students to just write whatever comes to their heads, whether it makes any sense at this point or not. So I guess I should just start putting SOMETHING in a box.....

Okay, here I go.

No comments: